Youth Alive Foundation (YAF) is a non-profit Civil Society Organization established in 2002 with offices in Abuja, Lagos and Akwa Ibom states which seeks to play a significant role in facilitating a just, equitable and fair society where all youths can have access to social, economic and political opportunities. YAF is working to redefine the role and contribution of the Nigerian youth in the governance and development processes in the country. YAF is currently recruiting qualified Programs Manager in their Abuja Office:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, planning, coordinating, evaluating and reporting on projects carried out by project officers, consultants and partners. The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and supervises several program staff.
• The Program Manager will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the organization’s programs.
• S/he operationalizes the organization’s programs and projects strategy and contributes to defining the annual and multi-annual programmatic strategy of the organization
• S/he contributes to the institutional development of the organization: strengthening human and financial resources, the visibility and recognition of the institution.
• S/he will ensure that monitoring tools are in place and well used; that the schedule is respected; makes sure corrective measures are identified and implemented; verifies and evaluates their execution.
• S/he serves as the primary liaison with government counterparts, local authorities, and/or civil society and other sector partners on management and technical matters.
• Ensures that program components are results-oriented, ensures high quality deliverables and relevant and timely reporting.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Degree in development-related subjects or another relevant field.
• At least 7 years’ experience in the development sector
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in senior programs positions and supervision of complex development projects
• Experience working on youth development programs
Closing Date for all Applications: 26th of April, 2019.
Method of Application
Applicants send their CV, 1-page suitability statement along with two (2) references by the 26th of April 2019 to the following email address: [email protected]
• Only candidates available to start work immediately should apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow up and interview.
• Only Electronically submitted applications via email will be accepted.
• Subject line of emails must clearly state the Job Title of position applied for.
• YAF encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people meeting the above qualifications.