Youth Alive Foundation (YAF) is a non-profit Civil Society Organization established in 2002 with offices in Abuja, Lagos and Akwa Ibom states. YAFâ€™s mission is to play a significant role in facilitating a just, equitable and fair society where all youths can have access to social, economic and political opportunities. YAF seeks to redefine the role and contribution of the Nigerian youth in the governance and development processes in the country.
YAF is recruiting qualified personnel to fill the following positions in their Abuja and Akwa Ibom Offices:
- Senior Program Officer â€“ Abuja
- Program Officer â€“ Abuja
- Grant Accountant â€“ Abuja
- Administrative Officer â€“ Abuja
- Senior Program officer â€“ Akwa Ibom
- Account/Admin Officer – Akwa Ibom
- Program Officer â€“ Akwa Ibom
- Monitoring and Evaluation officer â€“ Akwa Ibom
SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICERS (2 POSTS)
Location: Abuja FCT and Akwa Ibom State
Strategy and Vision:
- Recognize opportunities to evolve the current grant portfolio into a more effective and impactful portfolio addressing the needs of youth population in Nigeria.
- Contribute to organization-wide strategy development.
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with other civil society organizations, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the full program cycle for our Grants and administration of the teams across program locations;
- Develop activity work plans and manage day-to-day activity implementation;
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to needs, meets targets, and is carried out in line with best practices;
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to preset criteria;
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, and monitoring and evaluation systems (to track, analyze and report on results) for both internal and external use;
- Maintains links to sources of technical assistance and information and further disseminate technical information and assistance to program officers and assistants where necessary.
- Conduct surveys, need assessments, data and information collection as and when required for the on-going program or future project proposals.
- Participate in NGO and INGO meetings on youths and the development sector and represent YAF as requested in coordination forums.
- Ensure all program documentation are in place and adheres to internal and donor regulations.
- Adhere to all YAF policies related to programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Must be able to work independently and show initiative. Strong leadership, communication, and management skills are essential.
- Possess the ability to manage, supervise, mentor and coach team members.
- Must posses problem solving and multi-tasking abilities on a range of administrative and programmatic issues.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
Qualification and Experience
- A Masterâ€™s Degree or a strong first degree in a relevant field required.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a donor funded program.
- Prior experience implementing youth programs in Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of actors in civil society, government, the media and the public is desirable.
Location: Akwa Ibom State
- Reports to and works closely with the Senior Program officer.
- Develop, operationalize and revise project work-plans to ensure project activities are carried out as and when scheduled;
- Establish an effective information management system for the project
- Review, produce activity and periodic report;
- Establish improved mechanisms, guidelines and operating principles for project management;
- Work and contribute to structure that guides the formulation and development of the YAF program strategy and related project portfolio
- May be required to take on special assignments and more frequent interaction with senior team members around program development issues.
- Supervises and manages project implementations and evaluations.
- Collaborates with the the Senior Program officer and other program staff in the identification and evaluation of emerging and key development trends and priorities as it affects projects.
- Maintain contacts with all relevant stakeholders to ensure that project timelines, specifications, deliverables and guidelines are being adhered to.
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Support the Project team to ensure the successful implementation of projects in line with best practices.
- Collate and report progress on project periodically.
- Engage in any other tasks that will contribute to the success programs as assigned by the Senior Programs Officer or Head of operations.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent networking skills â€“ Confident well-mannered and able to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Good project management skills
- Exceptional oral communication and writing skills
- Proactive with a commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail
- Computer literacy skills including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point is essential
- Good knowledge of MS project and MS access, is an added advantage.
- Ability to work well under pressure and according to strict deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to travel at short notice.
- Minimum of a Bachelorâ€™s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in the NGO sector
- Prior experience in program implementation.
- Experience in implementing donor funded youth programs is desirable.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Location: Akwa Ibom State
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be primarily responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Youth Alive Foundation.
- Develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring that program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized.
- He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely reports to his/her line manager.
- Work with other implementation partners to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and projects M&E needs.
- Work with partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assurance using standard tools, assist in the preparation of quarterly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams when requested
- The ability to represent Youth Alive Foundation externally in relevant forums and working groups at state and national levels.
- Proficient and demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international best practices in project evaluation.
- Proven abilities in programme DME (design, monitoring, and evaluation), including familiarity with best practices in use, in the NGO sector to plan, monitor, and measure impact of programs.
- Experience of online data collection, collation, statistical analysis, participatory evaluation methodologies and report writing.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Microsoft Word.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Commitment to Youth Alive Foundationâ€™s mission, values and policies.
- A Degree in Economics, statistics, social sciences, or related subject, with previous experience working on development projects.
- The ideal candidate will bring: Over 2 yearsâ€™ experience in programme monitoring and implementation.
- This position requires the ability to work with a diverse team, to manage pressure effectively, and strong organizational skills are all essential.
Location: Abuja FCT
- Administer the accounts payable and accounts receivable process.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries to resolve billing discrepancies
- Process, post and review deposits, Bank transactions, transfers and credit card transactions
- Review financial transactions and accounting of grant disbursements to ensure compliance with accounting and procurement standards
- Develop and maintain time reporting system to allocate payroll expenses to various funding sources and programs
- Perform account reconciliations including bank reconciliations and balance sheet accounts and resolve discrepancies between bank and company records.
- Conduct monthâ€end balancing of various accounts and prepare journal entries and account adjustments to correct deficiencies
- Prepare standard and custom reports and conduct various detailed financial analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management, the Board of Trustees and funders.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and financial procedures
- Assist with the annual yearâ€end audit process and provide outside auditors with documentation and analyses in response to requests for financial information
- Prepare and submit grant funding reimbursement requests to funders providing proper documentation to ensure prompt payment
- Analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Competent in use of accounting software, Peachtree or Quick books and Microsoft applications especially Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Very keen attention to details
- Excellent written English
- Ability to work independently
- Minimum qualification is a BSc in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 yearsâ€™ experience working in accounts and financial administration is required.
- Experience managing donor funds.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS (2 Posts)
Location: Abuja FCT and Akwa Ibom State
The Administrative Officer will provide administrative management of day-to-day office operations and all administrative grants management support. The Administrative Officer will ensure standards for work environment are observed and in compliance with donor requirements. The Administrative Officer reports to the Head of Operations
- Strengthen procurement security, and general office maintenance.
- Supervise the office staff in the areas of strengthening administrative and personnel policies and procedures, and sub grants management.
- Provide general administrative support to Youth Alive Foundationâ€™s operations and programs
- Plan, coordinate and ensure timely project close outs and start-up administrative and HR activities including completion of job descriptions, job advert placements, recruitment and orientation of new staff and employee close out procedures
- Ensures that timely and accurate submission of appropriate administrative project reports.
- Manages petty cash float, subject to cash count and checks by the Accountant whenever a top-up is requested
- Undertake and assist in the recording and processing of invoices, receipts and payments as required and instructed.
- Responsible for monitoring and follow-up of Human Resource related issues among staff and volunteers.
- Managing the organizationâ€™s resources against wastage and abuse.
- Maintains an up-to-date record of all assets and regularly checks that these are secure and well maintained
- Prepares expenditure documentation for appropriate authorization.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- A pleasant disposition and able to maintain a friendly and effective environment in the office.
- Self-motivated and energetic and able to set priorities.
- Excellent IT and administrative skills,
- Adaptability to new demands and changing circumstances,
- Sound analytical and report writing skills,
- Ability to translate strategic aims into practical plans,
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines as well as demonstrable experience of project management and multi-tasking.
- Strong inter-personal and communication qualities will be coupled with teamwork skills
- The successful candidates will hold degree level in the Social Sciences, Humanities, or related disciplines with at least 2 yearsâ€™ experience in office administration.
Closing Date for all Applications is 25th of July, 2017
Method of Application
Applicants should forward a one page suitability statement on why they are a good fit for the job, a maximum 3 page resume and refereesâ€™ contact details by email to: [email protected] cc [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow up and interview.
- Only Electronically submitted applications via email will be entertained
- Subject line of emails must clearly state the Job Title of position applied for.
- YAF encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people meeting the above qualifications.