YAF is a youth focused CSO which seeks to redefine the role and contribution of Nigerian youths in the governance and development processes in the country. YAF, under the auspices of the DFID’s ACORN Programme is implementing the Y-PAC project. Y- PAC is a 5-year project which seeks to engage youths to become active advocates in the fight against corruption by mobilizing youth groups nationally through a social movement campaign tagged #MadACT.
The Y-PAC project is being implemented by a consortium of 3 National CSOs; Youth Alive Foundation (Lead Partner), Center for Information Technology and Development (CITAD) and Social Action (SA). The project which targets youths (18-35) in five focal states; Abuja, Akwan Ibom, Kano, Lagos and Rivers states seeks to achieve a reduction in corruption as a result both of stronger incentives not to loot public funds and changing public attitudes that will increasingly disapprove of corrupt activities.
As part of the strategies premised on achieving the project outcomes, YAF is working to promote integrity, good character and national values through an“Integrity Award” which is aimed at celebrating and encouraging deserving individuals/groups who have exemplified themselves with integrity towards the greater good which contributes to the fight against corruption. This award is not simply aimed at incentivizing integrity but will also serve as a tool that will inspire others to replicate celebrated efforts in their domains.
SCOPE OF WORK
The remit of the work for the consultant shall be guided by the objectives of the Integrity Award. The objectives of the integrity award include:
1. To celebrate outstanding contributions in terms of exemplary acts of integrity, and other inspiring contributions to the fight against corruption in Nigeria.
2. To commemorate the International Anti-Corruption Day (IACD) 2018.
3. To inspire and motivate citizens to uphold integrity and good ethics in public life, as a means to curbing corruption in Nigeria.
4. To project integrity, selflessness and patriotism as hallmarks of national growth, development and progress.
The consultant shall be tasked with the following:
1. To project manage the execution of Integrity Awards including pre-event and post event activities
2. Recruit all members of the Independent Award Evaluation Committee.
3. Manage the Nomination Process, Collect and Collate all nominee data for the evaluation committee.
4. Work with Event Partners to Constitute all committees that will facilitate planning and implementing of the Integrity Awards.
5. Liaise with any existing committees constituted by YAF for the successful delivery of the event.
6. Supervise the process of nominations and final selection of all awardees. This must be done in consonance with the eligibility criteria.
7. Carry out verification of of all shortlisted Awardees and mini-documentaries of each final awardee in their primary residences across the country.
8. Ensure that all performing acts of the event are booked and confirmed early before the event.
9. Ensure that all retirements and documentation are forwarded to YAF by the end of the project.
10. Produce all promotional items for the Awards Ceremony including Award Plaques.
11. Provide Mass Media Publicity for the Event using Print, TV, Radio and Online Media
12. Provide a detailed report after the engagement period.
13. Provide Comprehensive Video Coverage for the Event
14. The Consultant will work closely with YAF and partners closing during the life cycle of the project.
Contract period: October 15th 2018 – December 15 2018
CONSULTANT’S EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
The consultant is expected to have the following experiences and competencies:
1. Project Management Experience and Appropriate Qualifications from Consultancy team
2. Proven record of managing similar large-scale events.
3. Fluent in English language.
4. Ability to work under tight deadlines yet being able to deliver quality and timely results.
Qualified and Interested applicants should send applications to [email protected] and copy [email protected].
Application must contain the following
1. A cover letter indicating suitability for the job.
2. A comprehensive CV containing 3 professional referees (Valid email address and phone numbers of referees must be included).
3. Any other document that can support the application e.g. a detailed report of similar consultancy done.
4. The subject of the email should be “Consultant for Integrity Award”
Application deadline: 12th October, 2018 at 5:00PM
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please direct all inquiries regarding this consultancy role to the Senior Programs Officer, [email protected]