Youth Alive Foundation (YAF) is a non-profit Civil Society Organization established in 2002 with offices in Abuja, Lagos and Akwa Ibom states. YAFâ€™s mission is to play a significant role in facilitating a just, equitable and fair society where all youths can have access to social, economic and political opportunities. YAF seeks to redefine the role and contribution
of the Nigerian youth in the governance and development processes in the country.
YAF is recruiting qualified personnel to
fill the following positions in their Abuja and Akwa Ibom Offices:
Program Officer â€“ Abuja
Officer â€“ Abuja
Accountant â€“ Abuja
Officer â€“ Abuja
Program officer â€“ Akwa Ibom
Officer - Akwa Ibom
Officer â€“ Akwa Ibom
and Evaluation officer â€“ Akwa Ibom
OFFICERS (2 POSTS)
Location: Abuja FCT and Akwa Ibom State
- Recognize opportunities to evolve the
current grant portfolio into a more effective and impactful portfolio
addressing the needs of youth population in Nigeria.
- Contribute to organization-wide strategy
- Identify, build and manage collaborative
partnerships with other civil society organizations, local authorities and
- Oversee the full program cycle for our
Grants and administration of the teams across program locations;
- Develop activity work plans and manage
day-to-day activity implementation;
- Ensure that program implementation is
responsive to needs, meets targets, and is carried out in line with best
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively
targeted according to preset criteria;
- Establish and maintain effective program
reporting, and monitoring and evaluation systems (to track, analyze and report
on results) for both internal and external use;
- Maintains links to sources of technical
assistance and information and further disseminate technical information and
assistance to program officers and assistants where necessary.
- Conduct surveys, need assessments, data and
information collection as and when required for the on-going program or future
- Participate in NGO and INGO meetings on
youths and the development sector and represent YAF as requested in
- Ensure all program documentation are in
place and adheres to internal and donor regulations.
- Adhere to all YAF policies related to
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated training and facilitation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical
skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and
- Excellent oral and written skills and
- Must be able to work independently and show
initiative. Strong leadership, communication, and management skills are
- Possess the ability to manage, supervise,
mentor and coach team members.
- Must posses problem solving and multi-tasking
abilities on a range of administrative and programmatic issues.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining
knowledge of best practices
- A Masterâ€™s Degree or a strong first degree
in a relevant field required.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience working on
the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a donor
- Prior experience implementing youth
programs in Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Experience working with multiple
stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments,
monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience representing the organization
and its interests to a diverse range of actors in civil society, government,
the media and the public is desirable.
Location: Akwa Ibom State
- Reports to and works closely with the
Senior Program officer.
operationalize and revise project work-plans to ensure project activities are
carried out as and when scheduled;
an effective information management system for the project
produce activity and periodic report;
improved mechanisms, guidelines and operating principles for project
and contribute to structure that guides the formulation and development of
the YAF program strategy and related project portfolio
be required to take on special assignments and more frequent interaction with
senior team members around program development issues.
and manages project implementations and evaluations.
with the the Senior Program officer and other program staff in the identification and
evaluation of emerging and key development trends and priorities as it affects
- Maintain contacts with all relevant
stakeholders to ensure that project timelines, specifications, deliverables and
guidelines are being adhered to.
- Keep records of all information related
to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Support the Project team to ensure the
successful implementation of projects in line with best practices.
- Collate and report progress on project
- Engage in any other tasks that will
contribute to the success programs as assigned by the Senior Programs Officer
or Head of operations.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent networking skills â€“ Confident
well-mannered and able to establish and maintain effective relationships with
- Good project management skills
- Exceptional oral communication and
- Proactive with a commitment to quality
and accuracy with close attention to detail
- Computer literacy skills including proficiency
in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point is essential
- Good knowledge of MS project and MS
access, is an added advantage.
- Ability to work well under pressure and
according to strict deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
at short notice.
- Minimum of a Bachelorâ€™s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work
experience in the NGO sector
- Prior experience in program implementation.
- Experience in implementing donor funded
youth programs is desirable.
Location: Akwa Ibom State
The Monitoring and
Evaluation Officer will be primarily responsible for data gathering, collation
and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the
programs implemented by Youth Alive Foundation.
- Develop and implement clear and
practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring that program indicators,
monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and
- He/she will also track progress of key
indicators and provide timely reports to his/her line manager.
with other implementation partners to ensure that monitoring and evaluation
activities are appropriate and meet the donor and projects M&E needs.
with partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and
evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting
routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data
quality assurance using standard tools, assist in the preparation of quarterly
reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and
design teams when requested
- The ability to
represent Youth Alive Foundation externally in relevant forums and working
groups at state and national levels.
- Proficient and
demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international best practices in
- Proven abilities in
programme DME (design, monitoring, and evaluation), including familiarity with
best practices in use, in the NGO sector to plan, monitor, and measure impact
- Experience of online
data collection, collation, statistical analysis, participatory evaluation
methodologies and report writing.
- Excellent computer
skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Microsoft Word.
- Excellent verbal and
written skills in English.
- Commitment to Youth
Alive Foundationâ€™s mission, values and policies.
- A Degree in Economics, statistics,
social sciences, or related subject, with previous experience working on
- The ideal candidate will bring: Over 2
yearsâ€™ experience in programme monitoring and implementation.
- This position requires the ability to
work with a diverse team, to manage pressure effectively, and strong
organizational skills are all essential.
- Administer the accounts payable and accounts
- Correspond with vendors and respond to
inquiries to resolve billing discrepancies
- Process, post and review deposits, Bank
transactions, transfers and credit card transactions
- Review financial transactions and accounting
of grant disbursements to ensure compliance with accounting and procurement
- Develop and maintain time reporting system to
allocate payroll expenses to various funding sources and programs
- Perform account reconciliations including
bank reconciliations and balance sheet accounts and resolve discrepancies
between bank and company records.
- Conduct monthâ€end balancing of various accounts and prepare
journal entries and account adjustments to correct deficiencies
- Prepare standard and custom reports and
conduct various detailed financial analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual
basis for management, the Board of Trustees and funders.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining
internal financial controls and financial procedures
- Assist with the annual yearâ€end audit process and provide outside
auditors with documentation and analyses in response to requests for financial
- Prepare and submit grant funding
reimbursement requests to funders providing proper documentation to ensure
- Analyse financial information to recommend or
develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic
recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Competent in use of
accounting software, Peachtree or Quick books and Microsoft applications
especially Excel and Word
interpersonal and communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Very keen attention
- Excellent written
- Ability to work
- Minimum qualification is a BSc in
- Minimum of 3 yearsâ€™ experience working in accounts and financial administration
- Experience managing donor funds.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS (2 Posts)
Location: Abuja FCT and Akwa Ibom State
Administrative Officer will provide administrative management of day-to-day
office operations and all administrative grants management support. The
Administrative Officer will ensure standards for work environment are observed
and in compliance with donor requirements. The
Administrative Officer reports to the Head of Operations
- Strengthen procurement security, and
general office maintenance.
- Supervise the office staff in the areas of
strengthening administrative and personnel policies and procedures, and sub
- Provide general administrative support
to Youth Alive Foundationâ€™s operations and programs
- Plan, coordinate and ensure timely project
close outs and start-up administrative and HR activities including completion
of job descriptions, job advert placements, recruitment and orientation of new
staff and employee close out procedures
- Ensures that timely and accurate submission
of appropriate administrative project reports.
petty cash float, subject to cash count and checks by the Accountant whenever a
top-up is requested
and assist in the recording and processing of invoices, receipts and payments
as required and instructed.
- Responsible for monitoring and
follow-up of Human Resource related issues among staff and volunteers.
the organizationâ€™s resources against wastage and abuse.
an up-to-date record of all assets and regularly checks that these are secure
and well maintained
expenditure documentation for appropriate authorization.
other duties as may be assigned
pleasant disposition and able to maintain a friendly and effective environment
in the office.
and energetic and able to set priorities.
IT and administrative skills,
to new demands and changing circumstances,
analytical and report writing skills,
to translate strategic aims into practical plans,
to work under pressure to strict deadlines as well as demonstrable experience
of project management and multi-tasking.
inter-personal and communication qualities will be coupled with teamwork skills
- The successful candidates will
hold degree level in the Social Sciences, Humanities, or related
disciplines with at least 2 yearsâ€™ experience in office administration.
Closing Date for all Applications is 25th of July, 2017
Method of Application
should forward a one page suitability statement on why they are a good fit for
the job, a maximum 3 page resume and refereesâ€™ contact details by email to: email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org
shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow up and interview.
Electronically submitted applications via email will be entertained
line of emails must clearly state the Job Title of position applied for.
encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people
meeting the above qualifications.